Sonam Kapoor Biography:
Sonam Kapoor was born on 9 June 1985. She is an Indian Actress and she is the highest paid actress in the industry. Today she was known for her married name Sonam Kapoor Ahuja. She is the daughter of Anil Kapoor. She belongs to a family in which all members are connected with Film Industry. She studied arts and theater at United World Collage of South East Asia. Sonam Kapoor Biography is here.
She worked as an Assistant Director of Sanjay Leela Bhansali in 2005 film Black. She has got many awards for her movies and she is also commercially popular. She also work in many advertisements. She is also popular for her work for people. She has made her acting debut in 2007. Sonam Kapoor Biography is on this page.
Sonam Kapoor’s Family Background:
Sonam Kapoor was born on 9 June 1985 in Bombay Maharashtra, India. She was the daughter of Anil Kapoor and granddaughter of late Surinder Kapoor. Anil Kapoor is an actor and producer. Her mother Sunita is a former model and designer. She has 2 Siblings Rhea Kapoor and Harshvardan Kapoor. She is the Niece of Boney Kpor and Sanjay Kapoor. She is the cousin of of Arjun Kapoor, Janhvi Kapoor. Her total family belongs to Film Industry. When she was one month old her family moved to Juhu.
Sonam Kapoor’s Education:
Sonam Kapoor start her studies at Arya Vidya Mandir School in Juhu. According to her she was a naughty and carefree child who would bully the boys. She was excellent in sports such as Rugby and Basket Ball. She is trained at Kathak, Classical Music and Latin Dance. Sonam Kapoor enrolled at the United World Collage of South East Asia in Singapore. Later she has started a course in Economics and Political Science through University of Mumbai. Coming back from London she has done Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Political Science. She has first done a job of Waitress at the age of 15.
Sonam Kapoor’s Weight:
Sonam Kapoor’s weight at the age of 22 was about 80 Kilograms (180 lb). She loses her weight upto 35 Kilograms (77 lb) in two years.
Sonam Kapoor’s Disease:
Sonam Kapoor is suffering from Diabetes from small age. And also she is struggling with her weight. She didn’t like her skin and her body. She used to say that she has bad skin, she is unhealthy and hair grows on her face. Sonam Kapoor was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance and Polycystic Ovarian disease. She is suffering from these disease and she has done many cure for these.She has become weak due to Diabetes. Sonam Kapoor Biography is discussed here.
Sonam Kapoor’s Marriage:
On 8 May 2018, Sonam Kapoor married to a Businessman Anand Ahuja in a Traditional Sikh ceremony in Bandra. Her familty is very happy at her marriage. Her brother distributed sweets all over the society. All the Super stars of Bollywood were invited on her Marriage. The color of her dress is Red and Golden. She looks Beautiful in it. There are some pictures of their marriage and after marriage.
Sonam Kapoor’s Career:
Sonam Kapoor made her acting debut in 2007. She started acting in the age of 22. During the production of Black, Sonam Kapoor developed an interest in acting when Bhansali Professed that he wanted to cast her in the lead in the next film, Saawariya. To do acting she was advised to lose her weight upto 35 Kg. She lost her weight in 2 years. Kapoor sudied acting with Roshan Taneja, Jayati Bhatia and Feroz Abbas Khan and has cited actress Waheeda Rehman and Nutan as influences, admiring their path breaking films quality of doing different things.
- Saawariya was released in 2007. In this movie she had played the role of a Muslim Women waiting for her love to return back. Saawariya proved to be a major critical and commercial failure. But from this movie she has got StarDust Award for Super Star of Tomorrow-Female.
- In 2009, She has done movie Delhi-6 opposite to Waheed Rehman and Abhishek Bachchan. In this movie she has dine the role of a singer girl.
- In 2010, Her first movie was I Hate LUV Storys opposite to Imran Khan. She played he role of a engaged women who develop a one sided attraction to her commitment phobic Co Worker. This film has give her first Commercial Success. This Movies earning from worldwide is US$ 10 Million ( ₹ 725.2 Million).
- In 2010 She has also done a movie Aisha, a romantic comedy adaptation of Jane Austen’s Novel Emma, which was produced by her sister Rhea. She ha become one of the leading ladies of India.
- In 2011, she has worked in movie ThankYou. And also done a Movie Players in which she is a computer hacker.
- In 2013, she has done a movie Ranjhaana, which is the turning point of her career and her bet movie. Worldwide this movie grossed over ₹1 Billion (US$ 14 Million). In 2013she has also done Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. This movie earned ₹ 300 Million ( US$ 4.2 Million).
- In 2014, She has worked in Yash Raj Films comedy drama Bewakoofiyan. She also worked in movie Khoobsurat this year opposite to Pakistani Actor Fawad Khan. This ovie give her great success and popularity.
- In 2015 she has one 2 movies Dolly Ki Doli and Prem ratan Dhan Payo. During this movie she was diagnosed from Swine Influenza from which she has recovered in few months. This movie has become the highest grossing Bollywood Films of all Times.
- In 2016, she starred in biographical thriller mvie Neerja. From worldwide this movie grossed ₹ 1.35 Million ( $ 19 Million).
- From the absence of 2 years from screen she comes back in 2018 and done a movie Pad Man.
Sonam Kapoor’s Net-worth:
Sonam Kapoor’s Net-worth is $ 19 Million Dollors.
Sonam Kapoor’s Filography:
- I Hate LUV Storys
- Thank You
- Bombay Talkies
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
- Dolly Ki Doli
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
- Pad Man
- Veere Di Wedding
- Ek Larki Ko Dekha To Asa Laga
- The Zoya Factor
Dheere Dheere Honey Singh
- Hymn for the Weekend Coldplay
Sonam Kapoor in Social Media:
Sonam Kapoor is also very popular in social media. Kapoor is a popular figure nationally, with a significant following on Twitter since 2009 and Facebook. She appeared on The Huffington Post’s list of 100 most influential women on Twitter in 2015. She has been described by the media as a style icon and featured on Rediff.com’s list of Bollywood Best Dressed Actresses. Sonam Kapoor Biography is here.
Kapoor reached 31st place and 26th position, recently peaking at 18th position the following year with an annual income of ₹200 Million ( $ 2.8 Million). Sonam has acquired several titles at the Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards in 2015. She won for Most Stylish Star (Female) and Absolut Elyx Style and Substance Awards. In 2016, she has become the Most Stylish Star and Red Carpet Royalty.
Sonam Kapoor as an Ambassador:
She is also the Ambassador of different brands such as Colgate, Electrolux, Lux, Mont Blanc, Oppo Mobile, Salvatore Ferragamo S.p.A and Signature. She is also the Indian Ambassador for international cosmetic manufacture LÓreal. In 2011, She becomes the Brand Ambassador of the Year at NDTV Good Times Gadget Guru Awards. She Recived ₹30 Million ( $ 420,000) for each endorsement. Sonam Kapoor Biography is here.
Sonam Kapoor as Philanthropist:
She also do some charitable works. She help many organizations. In 2012, She asked her fans to donate to Ogaan Cancer Foundation and collaborate with the foundation to increase awareness in the people about Breast Cancer. She has done alot of charitable works. Sonam Kapoor Biography is here.
Sonam Kapoor’s Awards:
She has won number of awards for her movies.
- Saawariya Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow 2008
- Khoobsurat Stardust Award for Best Actress in Comedy & Romance 2015
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo Big Star Entertainment Awards 2015
- Neerja Indian Film Festival of Melbourne 2016
- Neerja Asiavision Award 2016
- Neerja Stardust Award 2017
- Neerja National Film Awards 2017
- Pad Man Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Awards 2018