Tom Cruise Biography:
Tom Cruise (Thomas Cruise Mapother IV) is an American Actor,Director and Producer. He earned his fame due to his leading roles in the movies Rain Man, Eyes Wide Shut, Magnolia and the series of films Mission:Impossible. Tom received three Golden Globe awards and also earned 3 Academy Award nominations. Here we discuss about Tom Cruise Biography.
Tom Cruise Family:
Tom’s father Thomas Cruise Mapother III,was an electric engineer and his mother Mary Lee was a special education teacher. He has three sisters Lee Anne, Marian and Cass. His father died in 1984 because of cancer. In February 2017, his mother Mary Lee South died from natural causes in her sleep, surrounded by Tom and his sisters.
Tom Cruise Early Life:
He was born on 3 July 1962 in Syracuse,New York,US. At the age of 14, he had attended 15 different schools in the U.S and Canada. H e finally settled in Glen Ridge, New Jersey, with his mother and her new husband. While in high school, Tom wanted to become a Priest but pretty soon he dropped out of school. He also had dyslexia ,so that made things even worse but luckily, he managed to overcome this disability with time.On this article you can search about Tom Cruise Biography.
The family lived in poverty and constantly moved from one place to another because the father had troubles with his jobs. Tom’s dad was very strict with his children, he was also often rude and unfair; and on top of that, he used to beat up his kids basically for no reason. Later on, Cruise called his father a bully and a coward.
Tom Cruise Career:
He starts his career in 1981. He appeared in so many famous movies Mission :Impossible series is one of them.
- He first appeared in a bit part in the 1981 film Endless Love.
- In 1983, he appeared in the movies All Right Moves and Risky Business.
- In 1985, Cruise played the male lead role Ridley Scott in the film Legend.
- In 1990, he starred in the movie Days of Thunder opposite Nicole Kidman (his ex-wife).
- In 1992 ,he appeared in the movie Far and Away.
- In 1994, Tom starred along with Brad Pitt,Antonio Banderas and Christian Slater in Neil Jordan’s Interview with the Vampires, a gothic drama/horror film.
Tom Cruise got fame in 1996:
- In 1996, Cruise appeared as Superspy Ethan Hunt in the reboot of Mission: Impossible,which he produced. It was a box office success.
- In 2000, Cruise returned as Ethan Hunt in the sequel of Mission: Impossible film is Mission: Impossible 2.
- In 2001, he appeared in the romantic thriller movie Vanilla Sky opposite Penelope Cruz.
- In 2001, Cruise starred in the dystopian science fiction thriller film Minority Report.
- In 2003, he starred with Edward Zwick’s drama The Last Samurai.
- In 2005, he worked with Steven Spielberg in War of the Worlds, which is the highest fourth grossing of the year.
- In 2006, he returned his role as Ethan Hunt in the third sequel of Mission: Impossible film series, Mission: Impossible III. The film grossed $400 million at the box office.
- In 2008, he starred with Ben Stiller ,Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. in the film Tropic Thunder. His another hit movie Valkyrie was also released in this year.
- In 2010, he returned as role of Ethan Hunt in the sequel of Mission: Impossible film series, Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol, this is the fourth part of the series and produced by his own production house.
- In the mid of 2011, he tarted shooting of his next movie Rock of Ages and released in 2012. In this movie he played the role of Stacee Jaxx.
- Tom starred in the 2017 reboot of Boris Karloff’s 1932 horror movie The Mummy.
- In 2018,he returned as Ethan Hunt in the fifth sequel of Mission: Impossible series ,Mission:Impossible -Fallout.
- The upcoming movie is the sequel of Top Gun film series , Top Gun:Maverick released in 2020.
Tom Cruise Relationships:
Tom Cruise has been divorced three times. Relationships is the most important part of Tom Cruise Biography.
Marriage to Mimi Rogers:
Tom married with an actress Mimi Rogers on 9 May 1987. They divorced on 4 February,1990. Rogers introduced Cruise to the Church of Scientology.
Marriage to Nicole Kidman:
Cruise met actress Nicole Kidman on the set of their film Days of Thunder. The couple fall in love and married on 24 December 1990. Tom and Kidman adopted two children, Isabella Jane and Conner Antony. In February 2001, Cruise filed for divorced from Kidman while she was unknowingly pregnant. The marriage ended in a miscarriage.
Marriage to Katie Holmes:
In April 2005,Cruise began dating actress Katie Holmes. On 6 October 2005, Cruise and Holmes announced they were expecting a child. In April 2006 their daughter Suri was born.
On 18 November 2006,the couple were married. On 29 June 2012, Holmes filed for a divorced from Tom after five and half year marriage.
Tom Cruise Children:
Tom has three children. Two adopted and one biological. The two adopted are Isabella Jane born in 1992 and Connor Antony born on 1995.
The biological child Suri was born on 2006 from Katie Holmes.
Tom Cruise Producing:
Tom Cruise partnered with his former talent agent Paula Wagner to form Cruise/Wagner Productions in 1993. The sequels of Mission: Impossible series is his own production. he produced this series.
All movies which produced by Tom Cruise are :
- Mission: Impossible
- Without Limits
- Mission:Impossible 2
- The Others
- Vanilla Sky
- Ask the Dust
- Suspect Zero
- Mission:Impossible III
- Top Gun Maverick
Tom Cruise Scientology:
Tom Cruise is an outspoken advocate for the Church of Scientology and its associated social programs. He became involved with Scientology in 1990 through his first wife, Mimi Rogers. Cruise struggled with dyslexia at an early age and has said that Scientology ,specially the L.Ron Hubbard Study Tech, helped him overcome dyslexia.
In 2013, Cruise stated that ex-wife Katie Holmes divorced him in part to protect the couple’s daughter Suri from Scientology. He also said that Suri is no loner a practicing member of the church.
Tom Cruise Diet:
Tom Cruise follows a 1200 calories diet supposed by his dear friend David Beckham. His diet contains substantially fewer of carbohydrates which keeps tissue and muscles damage in check,helping him in maintaining his youthful appearance. Aside from consuming vegetables,fruits,salads and grilled foods.Cruise takes protein,casein and other supplements to fuel his vigorous workouts. To maintain an optimum body temperature, he drinks plenty of water through the day but avoids fried and sugary foods. Here we discuss about Tom Cruise Biography.
Tom Cruise Luxurious Cars:
Tom Cruise has a lot of collection of branded cars.
Bugatti Veyron is considered to be one of the celebrity luxury cars. Tom Cruise is also one of the prominant names in this list who used Bugatti Veyron.
The Price of this branded car is $1,400,000.
Chevrolet Chevelle SS :
Chevrolet Chavelle SS is one of the celebrity classic cars and this vehicle was also in the car collection of Tom Cruise.
The price of this branded car is $40,000.
BMW 7 Series :
The structure of this vehicle is body colored with grey strips and the exterior of this vehicle is a signature design of BMW.
The price of this branded car is $85,000.
Ford Mustang Saleen S281:
Saleen is a performance company that builds parts for a lot of sports cars.
Ford Mustang Saleen :
Looks like Tom Cruise really enjoys his muscle cars, especially the Mustang. He has not one but two of them,both being the same Saleen S281 version.
This was one of the first cars tat Tom Cruise drove before he became famous. The Dodge Colt was introduced back in 1970 and had a 1597cc four-cylinder engine.
The Porsche is one of the most favorite brand of automobiles for top Hollywood celebrities add there’s one in the Tom Cruise cars collection as well. The 911 is a flagship product of the German Automobile manufacturer and is known for its iconic shape.
The Escalade is a full- sized luxury SUV manufactured by General Motors. The car has enough space to accomodate eight persons.
Mercedes CLK W 209:
Tom loves his SUVs and the Ford Excursion is a proof of that. It ‘s one of the biggest vehicles among all Tom Cruise cars.
Tom Cruise Workout Routine:
The Mission Impossible star not just looks young but also moves like a guy half his age. In an interview, Cruise admitted that he does different activities like Hiking,Jogging,Rock Climbing,Sea Kayaking,Swimming and weight training seven days a week to maintain his lean, youthfully functioning body. Tom Cruise Biography is present on this page.
Being a fitness buff, he hits the gym six days a week with his longtime friend David Beckham. For flexibility and balance, he switches up different types of cardio and strength workouts with climbing and fencing.
Tom Cruise Net Worth:
Tom Cruise total net is about $570 million ,making him one of the richest actors in Hollywood. Over the last three decades, Tom Cruise has starred in dozens of major blockbusters movies and is generally considered one of the biggest stars in Hollywood. His net worth of 2017 is $550 million. You people can search about Tom Cruise Biography on this page.
Tom Cruise Quick Facts:
- Height: 5’7” (170cm)
- Weight: 67 kg (148 lb)
- Chest: 50”
- Waist: 30”
- Biceps: 16”
Tom Cruise Awards:
Academy of Science Fiction,Fantasy and Horror Films:
- In 1995, he won the best actor award for the movie Vanilla Sky.
- In 2005,he won the award for the excellence in films.
- In 2005 ,he won the Best Actor award for Minority Reports.
Golden Globe Awards:
- In 1990, he won the best performance drama actor for Born on the Fourth of July.
- In 1997, he won the best actor award for comedy/musical for the drama Jerry Maguire.
- In 2000,won award for best supporting actor for Magnolia.
MTV Movie Award:
- In 2011,won best actor male award for Mission:Impossible 2.
- In 2004, he won award for the most gracious American in Japan for The Last Samurai.